Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard’s Los Angeles office has an immediate opening for a Vice President to join our growing office, located in Playa Vista. This position is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned integrated communications practitioner with a background in and a passion for consumer sports and lifestyle brand communications to work with collaborative teams on brand-building, sponsorship communications campaigns and content creation on behalf of our global clients.
- Play a leading role in identifying integrated communications opportunities and optimizing our clients’ sports sponsorship investments, celebrity endorsements and other brand activations across broad consumer and vertical markets.
- Provide communications and media relations strategy and execution for our clients and their sponsorship of sports athletes, teams, leagues, national governing bodies, as well as celebrity endorsements and activations.
- Contribute to creative content strategy across platforms. Help shape client stories and messages, with the goal of integrating clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations.
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, pitch sophisticated ideas, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that capture a consumer sports and lifestyle media audience and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs specifically related to major consumer brands and products. Experience in sports, sponsorships and consumer lifestyle is a requirement. Agency experience preferred.
- Background working with and booking spokespeople, and securing coverage of client messaging.
- Experience working with brands, sponsors, or clients associated with major global sports properties is a plus.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Solid team leadership experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FH as an agency.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2015; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the DAS Group of Companies, and has 88 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.